Monday 7 May 2012

If excuses made you thin - I'd be invisible!

Well as some of you may have found out from your emails this morning - Pre-season as begun! mmmmm-seasoning *drool*. The first challenge is to basically - CUT THE CHEESE - I mean erm CUT THE BULLSHIT! and loose the excuses. As a self professed excuse-aholic I knew today's video would hit home and it did. It was like Michelle was talking directly to me and not only because she has a killer eye stare through the camera lense. I did my homework and had no problem filling up all the excuse boxes with the 500 maximum characters (surprise surprise!). I thought since I'm being all open like a good Swiss cheese, I'd share some of my excuses with you - there are some beauties.
  • I'm too busy
  • I deserve to eat unhealthy if I've exercised
  • Its too cold/hot/rainy/dark outside
  • I'm too tired
  • I'll be grumpy at work if I'm exhausted
  • I have nothing to wear
  • People will stare at me at the gym because I run like a horse (or so my grade 9 P.E teacher said)
  • Cheese food makes me happy
  • Even if I lose weight my hips will still be huge
  • In fact, if I lose weight they might be even MORE out of proportion
  • ..and my boobs will shrink - I can't do that to my boyfriend ..
And the list when on and on and on... BLAH. So yes, I'm an excuse expert but I can't won't let my excuses deter my good intentions any more. My plan - I will continuously sing *call me maybe* and then I won't be able to think about anything else - "here's my runners, this is crazzyyy but get your ass to a gym - and lose weight maybe" - you like?

Feel free to comment below and let me know what's holding you back.

Cheese out xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh.

    I am 21, from Melbourne, doing the 12WBT for the first time and FUCKING LOVE cheese. I think you are me in another body!

    The excuses holding me back are crap ones like: If my gay best friend brings a cheese platter around - it'd be rude not to eat it.. all
    My boyfriend likes me the way I am
    I’m too busy (killer)
    I may as well eat the same food/larger portions that my bf/family are eating
    I trained really hard yesterday, I’m too sore to exercise today
    I have had a shit day at work/uni, I just want to cuddle up under the blanket and drink hot chocolate

    and the list goes on & on.

    I found that while in the right mindset, all the excuses were painfully easy to rebut and that was a bit confronting.

    I love your blog & look forward to seeing you in the forums my sister from another mister. (Yes, I said that. Yes I acknowledge it was incredibly lame. No, I have no excuse.) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn_Amy... I think we may just be.. 12wbt sole mates :O. Im glad Im not the only one who feels oblidged to down a whole cheese platter, just out of the goodness of my heart! I'm sure we are both going to kick ass.

      P.s There is nothing lame about the phrase "sister from another mister". I like it, you might just say its a little ..cheesy ;)

      Delete
    2. I have been so good since pre-season. Exercising, tracking all my food, drinking water, cutting down on coffee and the one night I fuck up was over an amazing cheese platter (worth it?). There is something about cheese that stops me exercising self control. It's so damn more-ish.

      I can say no to all sweet things and I couldn't care for anything deep fried and I can even say no to a cheese platter. Until I have one bit.... and it's on! Feel a bit like a heroin addict.

      Anyway just thought I'd share this with someone who might get it. I hope your cheese control is going better than mine and your cough gets better!

      Delete
    3. Ok lets be honest here. Cheese is ALWAYS worth it. Congratulations on sticking up with the program so far, you're doing better than me! I think its important to look at the positives and think "f yeah I'm killing this program" and then think "If I can kill this - I can kill my cheese addiction". Easier said than done I imagine! Cheese is more addictive than heroine (its been proven in a study involving a single participant who has never tried heroine and may or may not be me) and it is going to be hard to give it up. Chin up, baby steps and we'll get there sister!

      P.s I'm no angel either - as you'll see in my latest post I too couldn't quite resist the cheese orbit!

      Delete