Wednesday 23 May 2012

Gym clothes for the big hipped woman

Or rather, lack of the above! Yesterday I took it upon myself to start to gear up for the next 12 weeks! I will be mainly working out at the gym (or ‘health club’ as us fancy people like to call it) and I thought that buying some cute gym clothes would put me in the right frame of mind.

Now firstly, to fully understand my situation – let me tell you about my gym, the gym of death (death to my self esteem). For whatever reason everyone who goes to my gym is a sign of perfection – they are fit, toned and sexy, I am by far the most unfit person there and I stand out like grapes on a cheese platter. 

Secondly, my hips. Commonly known as ‘child baring hips’ I have the body shape of a true woman on steroids. During puberty my body didn’t know when or how to stop and I ended up with two massive boulders on either side of my body. 

Combine both of the above and you’ll soon realise that the gym for me is where I not only feel completely of place but I look it too. My solution to my problem was to completely gear up in these gorgeous bright coloured clothes that everyone else was wearing, then I would fit in and might look half decent too. So off I set to Rebel Sport, Lorna Jane, Target, Kmart, Adidas and eBay only to find that all the gym clothes completely cut in to my hips! Hours of shopping and I walked away with not a thing except hurt pride and laughing cow cheese. Where are the gym clothes for us big hipped girls, huh!? Until someone invents some I guess I’ll be working out in tights and a bonds hoodie – oh the horrible horrible sight of me in tights – I’ll spare you all and not include a picture!

Cheese out xx

2 comments:

  1. Instead of child bearing hips I have been blessed with the stomach of a 8month preggers woman. Blerk. I look totally AMAZING amongst the Lorna Plains in my 3/4 black Kmart 'walking' pants & oversized Black men's bonds T-shirt. Soon we will be uber hawt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn straight we will be. Oh and if it makes you feel better, I've got the preggers tummy AND the child baring hips - or as I fondly call it - the Double whammy!

    ReplyDelete